I have enjoyed pedaling my bike this summer and I learned so many things that apply to playing the piano. It helped me make up my new practice incentive. If my students log their practice minutes they may have a bicycle to pedal. For every hour of practice they can colorize their bike.
Things I learned while pedaling:
- My muscles are stronger every day
- I have come to know the divots and potholes on the street
- I have more balance and trust myself more
- I am trying new roads because I am more confidant
- I feel increased joy going down the hills because I am not afraid of the upside
How does it apply to laying the piano?
- Your fingers get stronger every day you practice
- You come to know your weaknesses from working every day
- Your fingers become more confident as you repeat your pieces
- Playing everyday encourages you try new things
- Your joy in playing increases with success
Playing Every Day And Learn
Find the image of the bicycle here.