Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Clementi and A Groovy Kind Of Love

How would Clementi feel about his sonatina being A       
                                Groovy Kind Of Love?

In the last issue of Pianist I rediscovered a favorite sonatina. Opus 36 No. 5,  third movement, has a sweet melody, so sweet in fact that it become a pop song in 1960's. My student who loves Pop Music decided that this piece could meet his approval. 


          

                         
                            I can find this magazine at Barnes and Noble and it is worth the $12.99.

Pianist is the UK's bestselling magazine for people who love to play the piano. You don’t just read it – you play it too, with 40 pages of specially selected sheet music for players of all levels and all tastes.

Every issue features a FREE tutorial CD by professional pianist Chenyin Li recorded at the Royal College of Music, so you can listen, learn and play along to improve your skills.




 I am back on Periscope next Tuesdays at 10:30 PST and my screen name is GabriB. I hope you will visit me.

My famous voice scientist brother, Ingo Titze, will be Periscoping April 18, yes, that is a Monday, and I will be interviewing him about breath and helping pianists who are breath holders.

Also check out Elizabeth Gutierrez on Periscope. She does teachings tips in 10 minutes on Tuesday mornings at 8:00am CST and I really enjoy her insights. Her handle is @pianoprof88 and she has a great blog. 

     Periscope is a free app by the Twitter company that allows you to broadcast all over the world. There is no time limit. Viewers can participate by typing messages and questions and by sending hearts for content they like. The recorded broadcast is viewable for 24 hours after airing.

                                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment