My second Periscope video was better. I had a good title and I felt like I reached a small audience. Here is a summary of the content of the video.
Providing a duet experience:
- Develops a camaraderie between students and sustains the idea of being a musician.
- Strengthens the importance of steady beat
- Allows for a safe environment to try and fail with a peer and shows how to solve musical problems together under pressure.
- Kaleidoscope Duets by Jon George
- Celebrated Piano Duets by Robert Vandall
- Dusts For Middle Beginners from Opus 149 by Anton Diabelli- Mary Beth Lewis Piano Library
- Duet Favorites by Jane Smisor Bastien- The Bastien Piano Library
How to manage bringing students together
- Try a student neighbor overlapping lessons, even if the students are at different levels
- Invite siblings to play together
- Bring a parent in to play
- Teacher student duets are a mainstay for my lessons
Next Week On Periscope I Talk About Recitals
January 19 at 10:30 am PST