Sunday, January 10, 2016

I'm Back

        Does absence make the heart grow fonder?

   I have been missing from blogging land for two years. In those years I continued to teach piano but I suppose I lost my desire to share on this blog. I'm back primarily because of the generous hearts of so many other teachers who continue to give encouragement online. 




    Last week I tried Periscope, an app created by Twitter which broadcasts live all around the world, and I did a video about practice incentives. It was a trial and very, very, few knew about my experiment. I will try it again this Tuesday morning, 01/12/16 at 10:30 am PST. The subject will be duets. You can search for me at GabriB and the broadcast will remain online for 24 hours.



     The incentive I am using in January comes from Compose Create. Thank-you Wendy Stevens for these flash cards which I am also using for practice incentives. At each lesson if my students  practice 100 minutes or more they can receive part of a snowman. As they build they must match the intervals. 
   Length of practice time does not guarantee good practice but it creates accountability to me and to their parents. 



  Join me here or on Periscope where my next topic will be Duets, the value they have and where to find good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment