Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ice- Cream Group Lessons

   Today was the kick-off for my ice-cream group lessons. I will have four different lessons with 4-6 kids in each group. I ended up with only two girls, the other student had a conflict. These two girls were jazzed because they had earned so many scoops in my practicing incentive. The students earned one scoop of ice-cream for every 100 minutes they logged.
    Besides having ice-cream we did some note-reading. We made up some words using only the musical alphabet. You can find the work sheet here.
    And we learned a simple piece which I had written for 6 instruments. I like giving my students different musical experiences and this one was about reading a score and learning parts for both pitched instruments and percussion. I did not know how this would play out, pardon the pun, but it was just right for the time factor and for my students.You can find the music here.
   I will write about how it is with more students next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. Thanks for your comment on my blog today, it made my day.

    Have a great day!

    notesaboutmusicnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete