Thursday, September 26, 2013

Music Magicians

   Dear Parents  
      Do you remember at the last recital I professed to be a magician by having students pick letters out of a hat and then composing a song starting with those letters, on the the spot? It really was music magic and I want to encourage more progress in musical endeavors that teach those magic skills.


    As a studio, we are working on many aspects of music at the same time. I have devised some short term and long term goals for your children. As they reach a goal they can put their picture on our goals board.


  As always there is a nudge to extend practice time, but new goals will be rewarded. Here is a sample of our goals. 

      October is duet month and we will all try a duet with a partner. Hopefully we can find some partners who can attend each other's lessons at least once towards the end of October. I will video their duet and make a little movie for all to watch at the next recital.



                              Tell me, I forget; Show me, I remember; Involve me, I understand.” – Carl Orff    



1 comment:

  1. Very creative ideas! Thanks so much for the share!

    Our blog: http://pianosheetmusiconline.com/

    ReplyDelete